Monday, March 21, 2011

For The Love of White

It seems that no matter what I purchase, it's white.  Whether it be a new piece of furniture or an old piece, there is always a way to improve upon it with a coat of white paint.

There are lots of people out there that like to glaze or wax over a coat of paint to give the piece a more "aged" look but I think that it makes pieces look alittle too commercial.  So I have stuck to the all flat white look with distrssed areas here and there.

Take this dresser here.  When I bought it the color was RED.  Now don't get me wrong, I love red but in this case it was alittle too much.  So I simply painted it over with, again, flat white, and then after 5 coats, distressed it until the red came thru.  It is perfect.  Not to mention it sold in 1 day.

In any case I feel strongly that white is THE color for old furniture and also for new.  With a white palette you can do all types of accessorizing with color to make the look your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment